Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Goal #72 Try 100 new recipes (20/100): Zuppa Toscana

Last night I tried a new recipe with my dinner group, and it was a winner! Recipe cred to my friend Laura, who shared it with me after she made it for our grad program's weekly soup kitchen. It was easy, healthy (ish), and my dinner group LOVED it! Definitely 5/5 stars.

Fry together:
1 lb mild Italian sausage
1 onion, diced
3 tsp garlic
some red pepper flakes

Add to:
8 cups chicken broth
2 cups water
Red potatoes, with skin, cubed to fill up the broth (I had 6-7 big red potatoes)

Cook until potatoes are tender.
Add salt and pepper to taste.

At the end add 1 bunch of kale (ripped into little pieces) and 1 pt heavy whipping cream

...then text your dinner group to come right away, because apparently bad things happen if the kale and cream are cooking too long (kale can get mushy and cream can curdle--yikes!).





1 comment:

  1. I can vouch for the "my dinner group LOVED it" --- absolutely true, it was delicious!

    ReplyDelete