Sunday, July 10, 2016

The End of the 999

My 999 days are up. I completed 48 of my 99 goals, with an additional couple that were partially completed. And you know what? I feel pretty good about that. Half is great! When I started I fully expected to not reach all 99. It was about the intent. And setting that intent made me reach farther than I would have otherwise. Also, when I wrote up my goals I had NO conception of how hard grad school is. Otherwise I would not have put so many academic life goals on there! Just graduating in this time frame is accomplishment enough. Holy Hannah.

Here are some ways that I changed because of doing the 99 in 999:


  • I budget effortlessly now. I actually found it a drag when I did my 3-month budget for my goal. But then I had this break through and now I find it really liberating! I can't imagine ever not budgeting.
  • I'm now a person that stays up on the news. I've had this ideal since high school. Now I actually do it! Podcast power.
  • I watch documentaries semi-frequently now.
  • I feel like an expert on what to do in Utah.
  • I practice yoga semi-regularly now
  • I can see myself continuing to scuba dive
  • I just finished my first belly dancing class (which I would've chickened out of had it not been for this blog), and totally loved it! I'll definitely be doing more.
  • Mindfulness has become a thing for me, ever since meditating at the monastery. 
  • aaaand I'm about to go to Brazil! I'll have that memory forever.
I think I'm more self-aware and more empowered than I was 999 days ago. A lot of that is from grad school, but some of it is from making the other goals happen. That's the thing about doing hard things--your sense of self-efficacy goes up. I can do hard things. I can make happen what I want to make happen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment