Monday, January 27, 2014

#38 See 5 documentaries (3/5): Happiness

Last weekend I went to the Sundance Film Festival!  It was AWESOME!  My second year going.  Super fun.  I love community things.  I love when events bring people together that normally wouldn't ever cross paths.  Like me.  And the French director of this film.  Yeah, I got a picture with him. :)
That's one of the cool things about Sundance, is you get to interact with the people who made the film.  There's usually a Q&A after, and you can learn things you just wouldn't learn from watching it on Neflix.  And there are super interesting people that go to the festival.  We met people from all over the globe when we were standing in line.


"Happiness" takes place in Bhutan, which measures its gross national happiness.  Pretty cool, huh?  It's a film about at 8 year old boy who becomes a monk because his mom can't afford to send him to school.  His village is very poor.  Everyone earns their living by herding yaks.  And then the king decides his people need electricity and access to television!  Learn more about the film here.

No comments:

Post a Comment